We're looking for the most talented, passionate and awesome candidates to help us reinvent the way people move in and around cities. We want to go fast, be bold and stay humble.
We love passionate, out-of-the-box thinkers who're able to share their ideas in the simplest and clearest way.
Our ideal colleague has an entrepreneurial mindset, and sparks joy by taking an idea drafted in a napkin to its final execution, always giving priority to our customers. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution and hustle is a must. We also offer enormous amounts of autonomy to everyone working at Skipr which requires an aptitude to auto-manage oneself.
To succeed in our mission we’re looking for a Graphic designer with UI experience, that could also do UX design if needed to help scale our product team, share their graphic design / UI experience & knowledge, and being flexible to work on all aspects of the products; from marketing assets all the way to production UI.
What about you?
- You love graphic design and have been designing online apps and sites for years.
- You are capable of understanding what the customer/users need to understand through graphic design.
- You love to own big projects and aspire to share your knowledge and experience with larger teams as you grow in your role.
- You love UI design patterns, know them well and have contributed to pattern libraries yourself.
- You finish the work… dot those “I”s and cross those “T”s.
- You communicate often and don’t get defensive when asked to elucidate your design choices.
- You are guided by experience and intuition but still make design choices and understand the reasoning behind them.
- You are self-directed, self-motivated and thrive on collaborative independence where coming together to brainstorm feeds your focused work while detailing your design.
- You love to solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions.
- You are skilled in the leading design tools including those for rapid prototyping like Principle, Sketch, Figma, XD and others.
- You understand how design systems are built. You know when to follow and when to break established interaction patterns. You champion consistency, flexibility, and reuse. You like Atomic Design, Sketch, Figma and Zeplin.
- Bonus: You understand coding and, while you may not code yourself, you know how to produce designs that can be built within frameworks, using patterns that focus energy on what matters and differentiates.
- You embrace mobile first and then work on the designs for folks still using desktops to get work done.
Experience ideally in the following:
- Experience as a Graphic, Brand or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of digital and print marketing materials
- UI/Visual Design (color, line, type, shape, image, composition).
- Be able to jump between marketing graphics and UI design
- Understand how to sell a part of a service or product
- Strong knowledge of user experience/user-centered design processes and methodology.
- A passion for creating products and services that resonate emotionally with people.
- Experience designing B2B application and/or familiarity with common B2B business processes.
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency with visualizing, sketching, designing and prototyping user interfaces.
- Updated on the latest techniques/trends/thinking within your field and ready to share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Has a keen understanding of design based on visual, cultural, and popular trends
- Has a strong stylistic approach, and a strong foundation in what makes a good design
- Designs with the end user’s needs in mind
- Delivers great designs, on deadline and to brief
- Bonus: Web Design experience & Ability to build sites
What we offer
- A lot of professional freedom, personal development and exciting challenges
- A friendly an open company culture and tons of fun
- A competitive salary package with many benefits (including a budget for your personal mobility in Belgium)
- Being part of an international, winning team that has experience in launching start-ups (ex-Uber, Microsoft, Deliveroo and other top-notch startups )
- A great opportunity to have an impact on mobility in Europe and shape a product to the right market/customer fit